Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Am i of great risk of surgery (being knocked out kind) in my lifetime? i panick about it?

as soon as i realised my own mortality i started to absolutely flip. i used to get so anxious and worked up to a stage where i felt sick. and so, as i chatted to my lovely parents about their experiences with surgery ,(my mum having her tonsils and appendix removed and my dad from falling off his bike and breaking his nose) i got really anxious - will this happen to me? will i need surgery? will it be painful? i started asking more and more questions which got me in an even worse state and i found out about the ventilation breathing machine. i was having loads of panic attacks and i was really scared of a machine breathing for you - what if something goes wrong? what about the icky tubes that are inserted into your throat? i decided to see the school nurse about my problem and was very comforting but i still was not 100% so i am seeing a councillor next week in hope of clearing up my anxiety. being cut open is another thing i worry about also. me worrying about this problem is not healthy and i really just want to enjoy my life as a normal teenager again without anxiety or trouble. it makes me think - can i really be that lucky to not have a major operation in my lifetime? my school nurse said people talk to you about the surgery and can give you special medication to calm you down? but please can someone help me put my problem to rest? thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment