Sunday, August 7, 2011

What should I do with my ankle?

Ok, so 3 years ago I sprained my ankle doing a front tuck in gymnastics.(December 2009) My mom said it was nothing, and would feel better in a few days. She was taking me back and forth from the doctor to gymnastics to home. Then in February (2010) they finally found out I sprained it. In june I went on crutches. The night before my ankle was hurting so much I was crying, so my mom took me to the children's hospital downtown the next morning. I was on them for a week, because I broke my splint and the doctor said that i didn't need it anymore. My mom kept insisting that I should've gotten a cast. He just said do these exercises with my ankle. I did for a while, they just seemed to be making it worse. Then I went to the doctor again, and he said do exercises. Again, it just seemed to be making it worse. I got an ankle brace again.( I have one from earlier that i didn't mention) My problem is it still hurts! My mom and I both have a feeling it has something to do with the bunion I have. Its messing up my entire foot, but I can't get surgery until im 18. I'm so mad at the doctors because they don't do anything about it! A few months ago I was at a chorus concert and I started crying in the car because my ankle was hurting so much. My mom keeps telling me I need to stop running and jumping and aggravating it. I know I should, I just keep forgetting when it doesn't hurt. I'm like a naturally active person, so...yeah. I was playing outside a bunch today with my friend, so right now it HURTS like CRAZY! Tomorrow with that friend, her sister, my mom and their mom, were going to a big garden place. LOTS of walking there. I don't know WHAT im going to do, I really want to go, but when I get home its really going to hurt. My mom just says, "When you get home, don't complain about your ankle". I just don't know what I should do with my ankle. It REALLY hurts sometimes, and I really want it to STOP! What can I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment