Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where can I find a Mohs micrographic surgeon to remove a resistant basal cell carcinoma from my pet cats cheek

My cat has had surgery 3 times to try to remove a basal cell carcinoma from his left cheek. He responds very well to the surgery and anaesthetic despite his 16 years of age,a nd the vet is always very impressed with his health. His blood level are apparently very good for his age, particularly after he had part of this thyroid gland removed last year to treat its overactivity. However, the basal cell carcinoma, which I am told is not malignant, keeps regrowing and is now becoming quite "invovled" with other localised tissues in his cheek and face. I have been researching on the internet a more suitable form of treatment and notice that amongst the various options Mohs micrographic surgery is available for humans. Judging by what I have read and what my vet has previously advised regarding the surgery she undertakes (being that she is unable to remove microscopic cells of the tuma and that these aggressively regrow) I would like to find a Mohs surgeon in England (pre south) to discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment